Lime Chicken Tacos with a Kick
December 12, 2020
Originally published at Taste of Home
The lime gives the chicken a nice and refreshing flavor but also keeps the chicken juicy!
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional: Sour cream, pickled onions, shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar or Cotija cheese
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks; return to slow cooker.
- Stir in corn and salsa. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Place filling on tortillas; if desired, serve with sour cream, pickled onions, lettuce and cheese.